1. In complete sentence format, list three specific details you learned about William Bradford from this reading.
Three things I learned about Bradford is that his parents and grandparents died so he had to move in with his uncle, to support himself he had to be silk weaver, and he was born in 1590 on a farm.
2. In two sentences, explain why you think Bradford is significant in American history.
I think he was significant to American History because he kept documentation of everything he went through. He also was one of the first governors in America.
3. What personal tragedy occurred while the Mayflower was anchored off Provincetown Harbor? (Remember, use complete sentences please)
When Bradford was on the Mayflower, his wife went overboard and drowned.
Today we were threatened by pirates. I and my colony have never enjoyed these pirates, as they are always causing trouble and acting like buffoons over pure greed. Their judgment day will come. I can’t believe the pure greed and lust these people give in too, it’s sinful. They’ll rob anybody for the sheer sake of having more riches.
4. What images (pictures in the listeners' mind) does Edwards use in the passage to make his tone clear? What effect do those images have on establishing the tone of the piece?
Edwards uses images such as “fiery floods” and “bent bow with an arrow” to make his tone clear.
5. In the last two paragraphs of the sermon (refer to the Investigate page of this lesson)…