Ai: Imagine you are a newly appointed supervisor/manager within your service. You need to update your staff handbook to reflect current employment law. Identify three different sources of information you could use to enable you to do this.
Once you have identified a reliable source of information:
a) List three aspects of employment covered by law.
3. Work Conditions (safety, discrimination, handicap accommodation, etc.)
b) List three main features of current employment legislation.
1. Employment Rights
2. Equalities and Discrimination law
3. Health and safety legislation
Aiii Briefly outline why employment law exists. …show more content…
5. Health & safety: - you are required to gain an understanding of the home health and safety procedures. And to comply to them, failure to do so could lead to disciplinary action or even legal action.
6. Confidentiality: - what happens in the home stays in the home. It is so important to keep information confidential within the care industry, only discuss things with fellow colleagues and do this in a safe environment
7. Whistle blowing: - encouraged to speak out if encountering poor practice, we have a duty to care and assist people who use our home. We are obligated not to overlook poor practice and to speak out so it can be corrected. If anyone raises concerns they will not be at risk of losing their job or suffering any form of retribution as a result of doing so. The policy conforms with the public interest disclosure act 1998.
Bvi Explain how your role contributes to the overall delivery of the service provided.
Being a senior carer my role as well as to provide a high standard of care is to assist carers do their job to the best of their abilities by helping them in any way i can
Bvii Explain how you could influence the quality of the service provided by;
a) Following best practice within your work role;
A high quality of care being delivered
b) Not carrying out the requirements of your role
Poor care being given, could result in disciplinary action being taken
Bviii Describe how