AP/ECON2300A – Intermediate Microeconomic Theory I (Fall 2014)
Instructor: Prof. Xueda Song
October 26, 2014
1. The mid-term exam #2 will be held at 10-11:25am (85 minutes) on November 6, 2014,
Thursday, at ACW006 (our regular classroom). Please arrive by 9:50am.
2. You must bring a photo ID to the exam. You will be required to sign your name on the class
list at the beginning of the exam. You do not need to sign out.
3. Please bring pencil, pen, ruler, eraser, and calculator to the exam. The exam is a closed-book
exam. You are not allowed to use anything else in the exam, such as textbook, slides, notes,
dictionary, draft paper, or cell phone. Cell phones must be turned off.
4. The exam covers chapters 6, 8, 14, and 19. The exam includes 8 short-answer questions
with a total mark of 60.
5. To prepare for the exam, you should study lecture slides and notes, read textbook, work on
assigned “Review Questions” from the textbook, and refer to the review materials posted on
Moodle. Please note that you should use the revised slides for chapter 19 which was
updated on Moodle on October 20, 2014. Help is available from our TA, Hanfei Sun, other
common TAs assigned by the department, and myself during our office hours.
6. To better help you prepare for the exam, our TA will hold the following office hours in this
week and next week:
12-1pm on October 28, Tuesday;
12-1pm on November 4, Tuesday;
12-2pm on November 5, Wednesday;
8:45-9:45am on November 6, Thursday.
Please note that the TA will not hold her regular office hours from now until Nov. 6. And
the instructor and TA do not hold office hours on Oct. 30 due to the co-curriculum week.
You can continue to get help from other TAs assigned by the department as follows:
Econ 2300 TA office hours
Thursday Zakaria, Nour
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
7. You are not allowed to communicate with each other in any ways during the exam. If you
have any questions