1. 6 + 2 +10+（5+2+1）=26mintues / per batch * 6 mins for the washing and mixing steps and 2 minutes for dishing up cookies * 10 mins to set oven and bake * 8 minutes for cooling (5 mins), packing (2 mins), and payment (1 min)
2. We can fulfill the maximum number of orders if each customer orders only one batch. We can fulfill a maximum of 24 orders (batches) in 4 hours if each customer orders only one batch. * Mixing and dishing = 8 minutes => 7.5 batches per hour * Setting oven and baking = 10 minutes => 6 batches per hour * Packing and accepting order = 8 minutes => 7.5 batches per hour
Maximum capacity for 4 hours = 1 batch / 10 minutes * 60 minutes / 1 hour
3. Roommate’s time to fill orders of one batch = 18 minutes * Setting the oven (1 minute) and baking (9 minutes) * Cooling and packing (5 minutes + 2 minutes respectively) * Accepting payment (1 minute) My time to fill order = 8 minutes * 6 minutes for washing bowl and mixing * 2 minutes for scooping dough onto the tray
4. Large orders would save us time in the mixing stage, but because of the bottleneck in the baking stage, we could not complete a larger number of orders, so no discount would be given. It would take longer to fill a two-dozen cookie order than a one-dozen cookie order, but a two-dozen cookie order would take less time than two one-dozen cookie orders.
5. We will need one food processor and three trays, assuming the food…