3 May 2015
HACCP Plan - Sushi Rice
1. Gather 3.5 cups of short grain rice, 4 cups of water, 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar, 5 tablespoons of sugar, and 4 teaspoons of salt. Make sure equipment is available to you.
2. Wash the rice in a colander until the water looks clear from the rice. Drain it thoroughly, and remove any unwanted little pebbles or other possible existent obstructions.
3. Drop the rice into a pan or a rice cooker. Add water, and cover the container with an air-tight lid, while bringing water to a boil.
4. Lessen the heat to a simmer and continue cooking for about 20 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed.
5. While the rice finishes cooking, combine the rice vinegar, sugar and salt in a small separate pan, and heat the mixture until all of the sugar is dissolved, constantly stirring. Remove it from heat, and set it aside.
6. Remove the rice from heat, and pour it into a plastic pan, big enough to spread the rice evenly over the bottom at about 2 inches thick or less. (CCP) Take a spatula and run it through the rice using slicing motions to break it all apart. At the same time, gradually at the vinegar mixture over the top, spreading it evenly. Set it aside and let it cool.
7. Keep the rice covered to prevent drying, and to maintain sushi quality for an extended period of time.
HACCP Plan - Stir-Fry Chicken & Tofu
1. Gather 2 cups of tofu, 2 cups of green peas, 2 chicken breasts, 2 packets of stir-fry seasoning, 1 cup of water, 3 tablespoons of red chili flakes, 5 garlic cloves, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2…