Analysis Of Email Marketing

Submitted By Miracle-Xu
Words: 2965
Pages: 12

Contents
Executive summary
Introduction 3
Findings & Analysis 4
1. Passengers’ satisfaction declined 4
2. Passengers’ satisfaction in peak time were higher than in off –peak time 5
3. The facilities that most and fewest passengers were satisfied 6
4. Staff services satisfaction improved 7
Conclusion 9
Recommendations 9
References 9
Appendix 10

Executive summary
This report was commissioned to have a basic understanding of the performance of this campaign and explore which factors drives campaign response. Furthermore, another main objective is to draw some insights for supporting the company’s future marketing decisions.
The data used in this report was from the company’s various internal systems. Moreover, SPSS is utilized in the whole report for calculating and analyzing.
In essence, the result of this report could conclude that the overall response rate of this campaign is 24.3%. However, the response rate varies significantly in different categories such as gender, region and different classes. Moreover, based on the predictive response model with logistic regression, it could be conclude that “Gender”, “Age”, “Email”, “AFFL” has a significant correlation with “Response”.
Regarding of conducting the campaign with E-mail or not in future, based on the analysis of both advantage and disadvantage of E-mail marketing and the existing data, the recommendation could be:
1. Applying e-mail and post together
2. Collecting more e-mail addresses of these missing data
3. Control the frequency of sending e-mails in case of annoying customers.

Introduction
A UK supermarket has sent some vouchers to 1,844 random selected customers in order to expand its organic business. The following sections will first analyze the existing data and then draw some insights for the company’s future marketing decision. In the first part, it will have a general understanding of these data, then it will use predictive response model to explore the correlation between “Responses” and other variables. The final part will discuss the feasibility of E-mail marketing.

Findings & Analysis
In this part, some basic analysis was conducted by using SPSS to have a general understanding of the performance of this organic campaign. More specifically, it will be analyzed in three main areas: response rate, response rate in different categories of groups and the return of investment of this campaign.
1.1 general response rate
In this part, it will describe the response rate among total amount of customers. In table 1, it is clearly showed, among those 1,844 randomly selected customers, 24.3% of them used these vouchers for buying some organic products, while the remaining 75.7% customers didn’t.

table 1

1.2 Gender
As is shown in table 2, in this campaign, there are 979 females and 483 males. However the left 382 people didn’t provide the gender information. The response rate of males’ and those unknown genders’ is 15.7% and 7.6 respectively. However, the response rate of female is 35.1%, which is more than 2 times higher than the male’s. As a result of it, it could be conclude that female customers are more prefer to use the voucher.

table 2

1.3 Region
In this part, it indicates the various response rates of people in different regions. In this campaign, the whole market was divided into five separate regions: Midlands, North, Scottish, South East and South West. Regarding the result from table 3, it could be concluded that although the supermarket has sent the smallest number of vouchers in South West, the response rate in this region is the highest which…