You will need to create your own stain-glass-window design. You will need to purchase an 8 in. X 10 in. picture frame and will paint your final design on the glass of the frame. The design must include at least one of each of the following geometric figures:
Acute triangle Perpendicular lines Complementary angles Regular polygon Corresponding angles* Rhombus Equilateral triangle Right triangle Exterior angles* Scalene triangle Interior angles* Similar angle Intersecting lines Straight angle Isosceles triangle Supplementary angles Obtuse triangle Trapezoid Parallel lines Vertical angles
*Angles formed when two parallel lines are cut by a transversal
*In addition, pick a figure(s) to rotate, translate, and reflect.
Directions for project:
1. Complete the geometry terms assignment by filling in the Geometry Glossary sheet. (Knowledge and Comprehension)
2. Create a rough draft of your design. (Remember that regular paper is 8 ½ in. x 11 in., so you will need to cut the paper to fit the 8 in. x 10 in. dimensions.) Your teacher must approve this before you proceed. (Application and Synthesis)
3. Create a final paper copy of your design (use dark lines). Your teacher will make a copy of this final design for use in item 5.
4. Paint your design on the 8 in. x 10 in. glass and frame it.
5. You will analyze another student’s design, find and mark the 20 required geometric figures and transformations. Prepare a written report that includes (a) an evaluation of how the other student met the given requirements, (b) an elaboration of the importance of evaluating another students work to help improve your work in the future. (Analysis and Evaluation)
Directions: Place the required terms in the Geometry Glossary that you will be creating. Please keep the terms numbered and in alphabetical order. You will provide a definition, an example, and an application for each term. Your grade will reflect how complete your definitions are and the quality of your examples and applications.
An angle with a