Name: __________________________________________________ Date: __________
Based on the video; please answer the questions below in thoughtful and complete sentences.
1. What image started the modern day environmental movement?
An image of the earth.
2. What is considered the most vulnerable part of the earth system?
3. Relatively speaking, compared to the earth, how thick is the atmosphere?
As thin as the varnish that covers or protects a globe.
4. How can trapping infrared radiation by the earth’s atmosphere be a GOOD thing?
It makes the earth warm and livable.
5. How can trapping infrared radiation by the earth’s atmosphere be a BAD thing?
If too much infrared energy is trapped it makes the earth too warm and thus unlivable.
6. Sketch the general trend of the “CO2 Level” versus time graph below:
7. What percentage of people depend on glacial melt for their drinking water?
8. Why is studying ice cores important?
It gives us a 650,000 year record of climatic change.
9. What is the relationship between carbon dioxide (CO2) and atmospheric temperature?
As CO2 levels increase temperatures increase.
10. Over what time period have the hottest 10 years on earth occurred?
The last 14 years.
11. As the water temperature under a hurricane increases, what happens to the wind velocity of the
As water temperature increases wind velocity and precipitation increases.
12. What has happened to Lake Chad over the years?
It virtually dried up.
13. How much