You should use this file to complete your Assessment. * The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk * Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly * When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference * Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 5 pages and is made up of 4 Sections.
Section 1 – Understand the purpose of information technology in a business environment
1. In relation to your current business environment (or one that you are familiar with), identify at least two different types of information technology that may be used when completing work tasks.
Internet- is a very smart way that allows company to have its own website to reach larger audience as well as attracting new customers and employees from everywhere. It’s also used to communicate directly with customers with news and updates like send emails, have video conferencing or chat.
Review customer feedback make necessary changes, speed up the process of the development of the company
Telephones-these are portable, can be used anywhere and easy to operate to communicate with other people. Help you stay in a constantly connected and updated with employees. It can also be used as a mobile office by working in any location, live and travel from other location then the company is. Download, share and print documents and help you get around in the city using GPS functions when needed to travel.
2. What are the benefits to businesses (and others) of using information technology for doing work tasks?
Using information technology for doing tasks make work easier, allow you to do much faster, and help communicate better with customers and employees.
It gives you easy access to any information necessary to do your work at anytime and anywhere
Help to process and store safely any data and information
Employees are more creative and use their maximum potential to do their tasks
In overall it improves efficiency and productivity of work
Section 2 – Understand how to manage electronic and paper-based information
1. Explain the purpose of agreeing objectives and deadlines when researching information.
If possible, refer to specific examples from research tasks you have worked on to support your answer.
The purpose of agreeing objectives and deadlines when researching is for the business is to
* Achieve goals in certain time so you can focus on gathering information in the time required for example when a company asked to increase sale of product in no longer then three months * Make right decisions for example having the right prices of the products to stay in the market * Implement necessary changes in order to improve like reviewing customer feedback and implement their requests to the business * Earn more money and control the cost to reduce wastage, money spend on supplies, implementing new products to sell more * Increases efficiency and productivity of employees and sets out boundaries on what is expected from them
2. Identify the different ways of researching, organising and reporting information.
To research, organise and report information well, first thing to do is to confirm objectives and the time you have to do it.
There are many ways to do a research this include reading newspapers, looking into annual reports or in to internal company information, interviews in person, focus groups and also all sorts of surveys and web based searches.
You can keep your files organised online for example in your mails, electronic calendar or