* The Port Royal bake sale will be supported by Aragon in order to bring awareness of the Queensborough area (ie. Port Royal) * The family events hosted by Aragon are successful because it is a family orientated community (ie. Lantern Festival) * The bake sale can be hosted at the Port Royal Park; anyone can set up a stand as long as they fill out the application and meet the deadline (in order to know the total count of vendors/stands) * Aragon will provide tables for the vendors * The fire department and the police department can set up their own stands such as a selling bake goods or a game stand
- Charitable causes and family events will be noticed in the community (ie. Christmas Hamper)
- The person that raises the most money will receive a gift certificate for a dinner for two and tickets to a popular event such as to a Canucks game
The Heights (Burnaby – Hastings Street)
Hats Off Day (hosted on Saturday, June 7th, 2013)
* It is a vendor market that’s along Hastings between Gamma Street to Boundary Rd * The main objective of this goal is to bring awareness to the community and to learn about the history of Burnaby which is also known as “The Heights”
1) Fire Hall 1 (Glenbrook) and/or Fire Hall 3 (Queensborough)
The New Westminster Firefighters Charitable Society was established in 1990 with the purpose of helping those in our community in need. Our Society is comprised of active New Westminster Fire and Rescue Services Firefighters who believe it is important to give back to the community.
Since our inception, we have been donating money and time back into our community. We actively participate and volunteer our time in the community to raise money and promote fire awareness and safety.
Some of the activities in which we participate to raise money for people and organizations in need are: * Bi-annual hockey game against the Vancouver Canucks Alumni * Annual tree chipping event * Various car washes and barbeques throughout the City of New Westminster Some of…