Application For Student Finance

Submitted By Sanch-Tursunov
Words: 9451
Pages: 38




This notes booklet will help you answer the questions on the application form. It will also advise you of the evidence you will need to supply to allow us to fully assess your entitlement to student finance.
Any original identity evidence you send with your application form will be returned to you as soon as possible.

Who should complete the application form?

A student starting:
• A full-time course of higher education.
• A full-time sandwich course of higher education.
• A full-time Initial Teacher Training (ITT) course.
• A full-time distance learning course (if you are starting a full-time distance learning course, for reasons not relating to disability you can apply for a
Tuition Fee Loan and Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) only).
• A diploma or degree course in a health-related discipline who is eligible to apply for an income-assessed bursary from the National Health Service or
Department of Health.
If you are not studying one of these courses do not complete this form.

Where can I find more information about student finance?

You can find out more about all aspects of student finance at Alternative formats

You can order forms and guides in Braille, large print or audio by emailing with your name, address, customer reference number along with what form and format you require to: or you can telephone us on 0141 243 3686
Please note, the above email address and telephone number can only deal with requests for alternative formats of forms and guides.

How can I contact you?

Call us on 0300 100 0607 or by textphone on 0300 100 0622



section 1 finance available
Childcare Grant
You may get help with some of your childcare costs, depending on your income and any income of your dependants, if you have dependent children aged under
15 at the beginning of the academic year - or under 17, if they have special educational needs - and you need childcare services for them. Your childcare provider must be registered or approved for you to receive this grant.

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs)
You can find out more about DSAs at
These can help pay for the extra course-related costs you may have as a result of your disability, long-term health condition, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty. This includes specialist equipment, a non-medical helper or special travel arrangements.
If you only want to apply for DSAs, and not any other loans or grants, you should complete a DSA1 Full form instead of this one. You can download a
DSA1 Full application form at

section 2 personal details
Identity evidence details b2 If your UK passport has expired you must send your original UK birth or adoption certificate together with a completed Birth/Adoption Certificate form. The Birth/Adoption Certificate form is available from Previous loans c If you are behind with repayments on a previous loan, you should not apply for student finance until you have resolved this issue.
If you have any Mortgage Style (MS) Loans please call your debt owner on the telephone number shown on the most recent correspondence that you have received from them. If you don’t know who your debt owner is please call
0300 100 0632 for advice.
If you have any Income Contingent Repayment (ICR) loans, please call
0300 100 0611 for advice.

Contact details e If you provide a term-time correspondence address then all correspondence we issue will be sent to that address from the date you move there. Any original evidence you send will be returned to your home address unless you specify otherwise. SFE/PN1N/1415