1. According to Aristotle, what is the master science? Why must there be such a master science?
• Politics is the master science.
• These must be a master science because it represents collective ideology and social identity. It is necessary for the growth and progression of civilization. Without understanding the master science, or politics, a community won't realize the importance for people to understand each other and exist in harmony.
2. What are the three prominent types of life discussed by Aristotle in Chapter 5? What is the end (goal) of each type of life? What problems does Aristotle develop with regard to these first two goals?
• Enjoyable Life o End Goal: Existence