Due: 27th March 2015 at 5pm through turn it in.
Submission Information This assessment is weighted at 30%
. Students will submit a literature review which explores a topic of relevance as outlined below. Learning Outcomes Completing this assessment item will help you achieve the following learning outcomes: SWK2104 Online Unit Plan 2015 3 1
. Describe development, including biosocial, cognitive and psychological as an ongoing set of processes involving both continuity and change by giving examples from the literature;
2. Analyse different developmental events from the perspectives of the major theories of development – cross cultural psychology, cognitive, learning, humanistic and psychoanalytic – and recognise those theories when used by others to analyse events;
3. Explain how research contributes to the understanding of development and evaluate and use research findings to investigate a topic; Graduate Attributes Completing this assessment item will help you achieve the following ECU Graduate Attributes:
1. Critical appraisal skills Preparation Students are to read the first chapter of their text book which will introduce them to the ideas of developmental research. Students will then utilise a range of peer reviewed literature to develop a literature review.
2. Students will be given a guide to developing this literature review which will assist them in constructing this assignment.
3. To prepare for this assignment you will need to progressively research and collect a wide range of credible literature relevant to the topic.
4. You will need to develop and craft a focus to your argument that will allow you to explore the assignment task in depth. Assignment Instructions Literature Review: students access good, reliable, contemporary and informative literature and provide a constructive and critical appraisal of that literature. Literature Review: students access good, reliable, contemporary and informative literature and provide a constructive and critical appraisal of that literature. The topic: You are a research assistant. You are working on a research project, the aim of which is to explore the relationship between motor ability and peer relationships in primary school aged children Your role is to develop a literature review which explores the existing research in this area so you and your colleagues can determine possible directions for the research. You are therefore required to research widely to identify contemporary (up-to-date) literature which describes the research which has taken place already in this area of interest.