To achieve a competent result for this unit you must satisfactorily complete all the assessments requirements listed below.
Assessments for this unit are as follows:
Type of Assessment
Description and location
Assessment Instrument 1
There are 46 questions found in this booklet.
You will be given the opportunity to respond to each question in your own words in a written format or in special cases verbally. Assessment instrument 2
Case studies There are 2 Case studies. Read the case studies given and answer the questions that follow. Use your own words in answering these case studies.
Assessments 6-7 will be completed as part of your supervised Work Placement
Assessment instrument 6
Instructions for the journal are in the supervised work placement booklet
Assessment Instrument 7
Third party observation
Your supervisor will conduct a work place observation where she /she will observe you in a work place setting demonstrating the practical application of the skills and knowledge that you have gained in relation to this unit. Your supervisor is required to observe you performing tasks in the workplace using the checklist provided. During the observation your supervisor will make a judgment as to whether you have met the required skill level for the qualification, or if further practice is required. Instructions and checklist for work placement are in the supervised work placement booklet
Instructions to the Student
Please read all the information given to you before you start any assessment task. If you do not understand some or all of the questions, please ask your trainer / assessor for assistance.
If you are uncomfortable with any of these questions, please contact your assessor who will make alternative arrangements. Attempt to answer ALL questions in your own words on the assessment paper provided. The questions are designed to assess your understanding of the unit as well as your underpinning knowledge .To satisfactorily complete this assessment task you are required to complete the whole assessment. To do this you will need to answer all questions correctly and demonstrate you have achieved the required knowledge to industry standards. This assessment is intended to be fair and flexible. If you feel that we should change any aspect of this assessment to be fair, equitable or flexible, immediately contact your assessor who will attempt to make alternative arrangements.
1. This assessment may be re-assessed upon appeal
2. Upon notification of your assessment results, your trainer/assessor is able to provide you with additional information on interpreting the assessment outcomes and guide you on your future options.
Student’s name & ID:
Assessment Instrument 1- Short questions:
1. What is Ethics?(PC 1.1)
2. Read the reading resources given for this unit and explain what ethical framework you would follow in decision making at your place of work. There are 4 steps to it.(PC 1.1) 3. When working in the community it is important that you are aware of your employee rights and responsibilities that you must adhere to in all of the work that you do. Give three (3) examples of your rights and responsibilities as an employee
4. What is Workers compensation and what is the employer’s responsibility in this?(PC 1.2,1.6)
5. Name 5 employer responsibilities towards their employees.(PC 1.6)
6. Name 4 rights employers have.(PC 1.6)
7. What are some behaviors that may alert you to emerging conflict at work? List three: ?(PC 1.7)
8. Give 4 strategies that can assist you to resolve conflict and interpersonal differences at work .Read some tips from this website