WHAT IS AN AUTEUR?
• An auteur can be defined by comparing it to the French meaning
“author”. An auteur has complete control of a film in all aspects.
• Camera Shots
• Camera Angles
WHY I CHOSE MY AUTEUR
• I chose Tim Burton because he has a very distinct style and genre that flows throughout almost all of his films. He tents to pick actors that are very versatile and can play many distinct and different roles. Actors like Michael Keaton and Johnny Depp, who are considered to be outsiders just like Burton himself.
• Born August 25th 1958 ( age 55 )
• 2 children, Billy Burton and Nell Burton.
• He wears a pair of pinstripe socks as a lucky charm at every premiere and special occasion.
• Attended Burbank High School.
• Several of his films are based on drawing he did when he was a kid.
• He has a fear of chimpanzees.
• Burtons genre and style can be classed as gothic and mysterious with usually the main character being an outsider.
Burtons movies fall into this genre because his films visual flamboyant style is often marked as dark, qwerky, scary and insane with bazar characters. The settings of his films often include castles, places with gadgets and machinery, gothic mansions and graveyards. Another aspect why Burtons films get categorised in this genre is because of the use of church choirs and organs.
• Tim Burton has created several works including The Fox and the
Hound, Ed Wood, Frankweenie, Pee-Wee’s big Adventure,
Batman Returns, Mars Attacks and his most known successful movies are Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Batman,
Beetlejuice, Coraline, Edward Scissorhands and Alice in
• Outstanding Children's Animated Program.
• Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture.
• Best Director.
• Best Producer.
• "Golden George" for his contribution to world cinema.
• Knighted by…