You have been asked to write a letter to all the relevant clients asking them to attend an information session regarding the changes that will affect their share portfolio performance.
When writing a business letter the first thing to determine is its purpose – ie what it is intended to achieve. in a short sentence, explain the the purpose of this letter. (For example, will it be used to provide …show more content…
Consider the introduction, body and conclusion of your document. Identify the main themes or issues to be addressed. Then, under each issue, identify sub-issues hold a brainstorming session.
Why do documents need to be structured?
Documents need to be structured in order to maintain a constant flow of information that is both relevant and easy to read and understand for the person reading it. If documents were not structured in a proper way then the information won't be fully understood nor read correctly by the person reading it. Documents need to be structured in order to maintain a flow of information to the reader.
When communicating, messages must be appropriate to the needs of the audience, the subject and the occasion. Describe five of the points that you should consider when communicating.
1. Accuracy - The accuracy of reports, statistics and information being used
2. Consistency - All writing should be consistent and the information should flow
3. Explanation - Whether the information needs to be explained or expanded upon
4. Appropriateness - How appropriate the information is and how it is passed along
5. Courtesy - The information should be polite and constructive towards the recipients
Every composition, whether it is a short business letter, an article in a magazine, a set of instructions, or a long report, should be undertaken in four