MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
MICROSOFT SILVERLIGHT 5
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
• updates (including but not limited to bug fixes, patches, updates, upgrades, enhancements, new versions, and successors to the software, collectively called “updates”),
• Internet-based services, and
• support services for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software.
As described below, your installation of this software also operates as your consent to the transmission of certain standard computer information and to the automatic downloading and installation of updates on your computer. If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.
1. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. You may install and use any number of copies of the software. You may also make any number of copies as you need to distribute the software within your organization.
2. INTERNET-BASED SERVICES. Microsoft provides Internet-based services with the software. It may change or cancel them at any time.
3. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not
• work around any technical limitations in the software;
• reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
• publish the software for others to copy;
• rent, lease or lend the software; or
• transfer the software or this agreement to any third party.
4. AUTOMATIC UPDATES. This software contains an Automatic Update feature that is on by default. For more information about this feature, including instructions for turning it off, see go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?
LinkId=217109. You may turn off this feature while the software is running (“opt out”). Unless you expressly opt out of this feature, this feature will (a) connect to Microsoft or service provider computer systems over the
Internet, (b) use Internet protocols to send to the appropriate systems standard computer information, such as your computerʼs Internet protocol address, the type of operating system, browser and name and version of the software you are using, and the language code of the device where you installed the software, and (c) automatically download and install, or prompt you to download and/or install, current Updates to the software.
In some cases, you will not receive a separate notice before this feature takes effect. By installing the software, you consent to the transmission of standard computer information and the automatic downloading and installation of updates.
5. MICROSOFT DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT. If you use the software to access content that has been protected with Microsoft Digital Rights Management (DRM), then, in order to let you play the content, the software may automatically request media usage rights from a rights server on the Internet and download and install available DRM updates. For more information, see go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=217109.
6. NOTICE ABOUT THE H.264/AVC VISUAL STANDARD, AND THE VC-1 VIDEO STANDARD. This software may include H.264/MPEG-4 AVC and/or VC-1 decoding technology. MPEG LA, L.L.C. requires this notice:
THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER…