1. Caffeine is a powerful drug with dangerous side effects and needs to be used with caution
2. Caffeine accumulates in the body
3. Damages the adrenals, blood vessels, breasts, brain, gastrointestinal tract, DNA, immune system and bones.
4. Caffeine is very taxing on the liver and kidneys who are continuously removing caffeine and it’s many by-products
5. Caffeine easily crosses the blood brain barrier and enters every organ, tissue and bodily fluid.
6. Caffeine contains a large amount of chemicals, including polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (carcinogens)
7. Caffeine is broken down into 25 by-products that all have detrimental effects on the body
8. Caffeine contains aldehydes, alcohols and sulfides. All of which have to be removed by your poor liver
9. Caffeine reduces the effectiveness of your prescription drugs.
10. Prescription drugs reduce the livers effectiveness at removing caffeine from the body
11. Some prescription drugs raise blood caffeine levels by as much as 600%.
12. Caffeine disrupts your normal adenosine receptors, which control the brain, kidneys, gastrointestinal system, cardiovascular system and respiratory system. Caffeine triggers the neurons to fire uncontrollably throughout the body.
13. Because of this excess neuron activity, it triggers an “emergency’ response from the body. We’ve all heard of the “fight or flight” response. The adrenal glands pump out large amounts of stress hormones. EVERY DAY! This has very bad long-term effects on adrenal function, blood pressure, heart rate, and thyroid hormone levels.
14. Caffeine’s by-products are reabsorbed into the blood stream. Living in the gastrointestinal tract and causing putrefaction, maldigestion, gas, bloating and increasing your risk of gastrointestinal disease.
15. Caffeine significantly increases your chance of having a heart attack or stroke by causing vascular resistance (your peripheral blood vessels restrict) and damages blood vessels throughout the body.
16. Caffeine causes your body to be less metabolically efficient. Less oxygen gets to the cells, therefore less waste is removed from the cells, increasing your risk of every type of cancer.
17. Caffeine causes the blood vessels in the brain to constrict and blood flow to your brain is literally reduced. One study showed that a single 12 oz cup of coffee reduced cerebral blood flow by 40%.
18. Caffeine reduces the quality and quantity of sleep.
19. Caffeine fights against your immune system and can turn it against you, causing auto-immune disease. This condition, known as immune dysregulation, is responsible for Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Muscular Dystrophy and Fibromyalgia.
20. Caffeine accelerates age-related deterioration.
21. Caffeine raises dopamine levels and interacts with opiate receptors in exactly the same way the amphetamines and cocaine do, making it a highly addictive drug!
22. Caffeine is a known factor in several illnesses including: anxiety disorders, insomnia, bipolar disorder, depression, ulcers, rheumatoid arthritis, migraines, hypoglycemia, asthma, herpes, hypertension, hepatitis, diabetes, heart disease and many others..
23. Caffeine has horrible long-term effects on the adrenal glands, affecting every one of the 150 hormones produced and metabolized by these glands.
24. Caffeine cuts your DHEA levels drastically. DHEA is known as the “vitality hormone” and “the anti-aging hormone”. This causes decreased energy, decreased immune function, decreased sex drive, and reduced ability to repair and rebuild tissue.
25. Caffeine causes negative moods, anger, violence, anxiety, excess worry, frustration and depression.
26. Caffeine decreases your ability to deal with stress by lowering the GABA levels in your blood, at the same time increasing the amount of stress hormones flowing through your bloodstream. This equals big anxiety and stress!
27. Caffeine is the…