Please read this document carefully to help you identify which documentation you need to produce to show that you have a right to work in the United Kingdom (UK).
1. Select the box on the next page which relates to your nationality and follow the arrows on the flowchart until you get to the relevant Appendix.
2. The relevant Appendix will indicate which documentation you will need to produce at your interview to show that you have a right to work in the UK.
3. You will need to bring with you the relevant documentation to the interview so that it can be inspected and possibly photocopied.
• Appendix A if you are: • a national from one of the listed countries. • a family member of an European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national. • a dual national of the UK, Switzerland or one of the EEA countries other than Bulgaria or Romania. • holder of a British Passport, including those residing under the British Overseas Territories, and British Islands.
• Appendix B if you are: • a Romanian or Bulgarian national. • a family member of a Bulgarian and Romanian national, who is in the United Kingdom, and is not exempt from the work authorisation requirement. In this case, you will also be required to obtain an Accession Work Card in order to take employment in the UK unless you are a member of an EEA country other than Bulgaria or Romania, or a commonwealth citizen with ‘Right of Abode’ or UK Ancestry visa.
• Appendix C if you are: • seeking the ‘Right to abode’ in the UK; this is conferred onto certain Commonwealth Citizens born before 1983. See Appendix C for criteria required from certain Commonwealth Citizens.
This Appendix is relevant to you if you are a national (including a dual national) from one of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK. It is also relevant if you are a family member of an EEA or Switzerland national.
You need to produce one of the documents 1 -10 below showing that:
• You are not subject to immigration control, or
• Have no restrictions on your stay in the UK, and
• You are entitled to work in the UK.
1. A Passport showing that you are a British Citizen.
2. A Passport showing that you are a citizen of the UK & Colonies with the words “holder has the right of abode in the UK”.
3. A Passport or Identity Card showing that you are a national of a EEA country or Switzerland.
4. A Residence Permit in your name showing that you are a national of EEA or Switzerland with the words “indefinite leave to remain in the UK” endorsed.
5. A Registration Certificate or document certifying or indicating permanent residence in the UK to you as a national of EEA or Switzerland.
6. A Permanent Residence Card issued to you as a family member of a national of a EEA country or Switzerland.
7. A Biometric Immigration Document issued to you which indicates that you are allowed to stay indefinitely or have no time limit on your stay in the UK.
8. A Passport or other travel document endorsed to show that you are exempt from immigration control, or allowed to stay indefinitely, have a right of abode, or have no time limit on your stay in the UK.
9. A National Passport or travel document containing a valid endorsement which states that you are a dual national from UK/Switzerland/EEA countries.
10. A National Passport or travel document containing a valid endorsement which states that you are a family member of a EEA or Swiss national.
APPENDIX A (continued)
OR You can produce the following combinations of documents to show you have a