1. In what areas do children and adolescents define their self-esteem? Children and adolescence define their self-esteem in many types of terms, like in social, academic, and physical.
2. What can a parent do, in the first two years of their child’s life, to help the child develop good self-esteem? In the first 2 years of a child’s life parents can make sure their child feels loves around them to develop good self-esteem. While this connection will build a bond between the child and parent the child would have a secure bond.
3. What are some things that have a negative effect on a child’s self-esteem? How are children affected by these factors? Some things that have a negative effect on a child’s self-esteem is the lack of a loving and supportive relationship with parents. Children will develop mentally and physically as well emotional disabled children often suffer from low self-esteem.
Critical Thinking Questions
1. Why is it difficult to define self-esteem? It is difficult to define self esteem because everyone has there own definition.
2. What are some ways that parents can help their children develop good social self-esteem? Parents can help their children develop good social self-esteem by teaching them how to be optimistic and having great communication skills.
3. What are some ways that parents can help their children develop good academic self-esteem? Parents can help their children develop good academic self-esteem by making sure their grades