3. Define and give examples of the 3 different types of testimonies (lay, expert, & testimony).
4. Define and give negative and positive examples of the 3 different types of source qualities (authority, bias, & currency).
5. True or False. Peer-Reviewed Articles are found in scholarly journals. 6. What should you present during the introduction phase of a speech? (What are your goals for the audience?)
7. Explain the primacy-recency principle vs. familiarity-acceptance principle. What is the “magic-seven” principle?
8. Explain each of the organizational speech sequences and when you would use them (ex: chronological, problem-solution, causal, etc.)
9. Explain internal summaries vs. internal previews. Give examples. 10. Explain the different types of outlines and when they should be used (draft, keyword, final).
11. Define Credibility and explain the 4 C’s that contribute to this (Competence, Character, Caring, & Connection).
12. Explain values vs. attitudes vs. beliefs. 13. What is immediacy and why is it important? 14. Explain the different stages of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. 15. Give examples of the 5 types of informative speeches using the same topic (Definition, Demonstration, Description, Explanation, & Narration).
16. Define pathos, logos, & ethos. 17. Define & give examples of a report, inference, & judgment. 18. What should you include in the conclusion of a speech? 19. Why should you bring information of novelty, significance, & relevance to an audience when presenting a speech? (Explain for each one).
20. Give positive and negative examples of constructive criticism. 21. What is truncation? Boolean operators? Synonyms? Extension?
Essays – I will give you these 5 essays to study and prepare for.