You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information)
Hours of Work
Duties & Responsibilities
Main place of work
These are the main four pieces of information I get on my contracts normally as a self-employed builder
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Health and Safety
Employment rights and responsibilities
Statutory and contractual employment rights
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Health and Safety
Pension & Pay
Alcohol and Drug Policy/Data protection
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
Manager, Trade Union
Direct GOV, ACAS
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
Based on evidence they help with dealing with disputes between employees and their employers.
Normally a trade union will help with this matter.
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
Employer should be responsible for Race and Sex Equality, even as a builder I come across a lot of women on site, and they get more respect than they can get, because not many of them are up for it so each woman is special in some way for choosing a construction trade. In banking and trading it is more difficult as a male is more of a stereotype and there is a lot of hype about this.
As an Employee you need not to single out anyone because of their race or sex.
6. Briefly explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee and one benefit for the overall organisation.
It is beneficial to the employer as the production will be greater and as for an employee will be a happier place to work.
Overall an organisation will strive forward more.
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of health, safety and security procedures in a business environment
1. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for health, safety and security.
If possible, provide relevant health, safety and security policies / documents from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
All employers have a legal duty to provide a safe working environment under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
As for employees they legally have to obey health and safety rules and regulations set by the government and…