You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
Date of commencement of work
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Health and safety
Pay and pensions
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Employment rights and responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
Line managers – informed colleagues – books and docs held within the organisation
Citizens Advice – legal profesionals – head office
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
They can help employees in health and safety ,pensions, redundancy and collective bargaining
5. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
Employer Responsibilities: a)Train all staff on equality and diversity b)Develop policies and procedures to address any diversity and equality problems.
Employee Responsibilities: a) Treat everyone the same and fairly b) Avoid discrimination
6. Explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee and one benefit for the overall organisation
Employer - reduces the incidence of bullying and harassment
Employee - increases the chance of open competition for opportunities
Organisation - helps to maintain morale and motivation of the workforce leading to increased quality of product/output
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of health, safety and security procedures in a business environment
1a. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for health and safety.
It is the employees right to be able to work in a healthy, safe and secure environment, and it i the employers responsibility to provide that environment
1b. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for security.
If possible, provide relevant health, safety and security policies / documents from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
One way of safeguarding your staff is to carry out a risk assessment and then take action to reduce the chances of those risks actually arising. Such action may include introducing monitoring technology, eg CCTV
2. Explain the purpose of following health,…