Business Report on Emmett Luxury Shirts Company’s Marketing Strategy For its business Expansion
By Xikun Zhang (Dawn)
Student No: 10473575
University of Plymouth
30th, January, 2014
Emmett Shirts London Company is primarily known for its formal its finest fabrics and manufactured to the very highest standards. Emmett London is mainly focus on the formal double-cuffed dress shirt to casual washed linens, and the new style are available every week in four stores which means Emmett always has a shirt to suit for different occasions. But with the company now turning over an annual £2m, Robert- the boss finally feels it’s the time to pick up the pace, Emmitt aims to increasing turnover annual £2m to annual £4m over the next 12 months and achieve 4% market share of luxury shirts marketing industry in UK. In order to achieve this result, Emmett plan to select the correct partner and launched concession in a department store within UK or an outlet at Heathrow airport, furthermore, to broaden the product line: add knitwear, jackets, shoes and trousers and also use the marketing communication campaign, such as advertisements on TV or men’s magazine to promote the brand awareness.
Internal consumer marketing will be helpful for the implementation of the proposed strategic plan.
Table of Contents Pages
1. Introduction 5 1.1Background of Emmett Luxury Shirts Company 5 1.2 Made to measure 5
2. External analysis 7 2.1 PESTLE analysis 7 2.1.1 Legal and Political: 7 2.1.2 Economic 8 2.1.3 Social 8 2.1.4 Technological 8 2.2 SWOT analysis 9 2.2.1 Strengths-Internal environment of Emmett London Company 9 2.2.2 Weakness-Internal environment of Emmett London Company 9 2.2.3 Opportunities-External environment of Emmett London Company 9 2.2.4 Threats--External environment of Emmett London Company 10 2.3 Micro analysis of Emmett shirts current position
Marketing mix will be used to analysis the current positioning. 11
3. Marketing Objectives and marketing strategy 13 3.1 Market Objectives 13 3.2 BCG matrix 14
4. Marketing strategy 16 4.1Market segmentation 16 4.1.1 Demographic segmentation is the most common 16 4.1.2 Geographic segmentation 16 4.1.3 Psychographics segmentation 17 4.2 Competitive advantage 17 4.3 Product life cycle 18 4.3.1 Introduction 19 4.3.2 Growth 19 4.3.3 Maturity 19 4.3.4 Decline 19
5. Branding Issues and strategic brand positioning 20 5.1 Brand issues 20 5.2 Brand positioning 20 5.2.1 Unique selling point 20
6. Internal marketing strategy 22 6.1 The importance of internal marketing 22 6.2 The…