Please take note of the following when completing TASK 1.
Please ensure the following when you are completing your tasks:
- conduct research and use the powerpoint presentation on Moodle for information and links to resource
- read the guidance notes in this document for each task
- REMEMBER TO LINK IT ALL TO SAINSBURY’S
- use correct layout for your details and include page numbers (see footer below)
- BE CAREFUL with your grammar, spelling and sentence structure (don’t be afraid to use FULL STOPS)
- remember to avoid using informal words, phrases and sentences that are generally used in conversations – this is a formal business written task- reference your sources using footnotes
- include a bibliography
- include a cover page (see next page)
- PROOF READ PLEASE (this requires that you read over your work to spot any mistakes)
Monday 3rd Nov: Lowers 1 @ 8.50 lesson
Tuesday 4th Nov: Lowers 2 @ 10.40 lesson
DEADLINE FOR TASK
Monday 3rd Nov – Lowers 1 @ 5pm
Tuesday 4th Nov – Lowers 2 @ 5pm
Sample Cover Page
Task 1 Name:
1a – Guidance
(a) Using the table format in your Sainsbury’s Support Pack and fill in the necessary information – please refer to homework tasks. * SAMPLE USING TESCO *
Types of Information
Explanation of Information
Example and Outline of Methods of Communication (include electronic & non-electronic methods as appropriate) Source of Information (to include internal & external sources) Purpose of Information
(remember to note any special requirements)
Web-based Web-based information is information on the web. It uses a good deal of multi-media technology. Technology is increasing more and more and businesses like Tesco need to adapt and ensure they use this type of information to their advantage. Tesco can use a variety of ways to communicate through web-based information e.g. website, social media, youtube, intranet Website - electronic
A website is a set of related web pages that is accessed through the internet. Tesco’s website contains a great deal of information on their services, products, opening times.
There is no non-electronic method.
The information on the webpage comes from both internal and external sources.
- must have access to computer or a smart phone to view the information
- majority of people nowadays young and old use the internet
- quick access to information and can read it in their own time
1b - Guidance
(b) Using the table format in your Sainsbury’s Support Pack and fill in the necessary information – please refer to homework tasks.
Outline the electronic and non-electronic methods Sainsbury’s use to communicate their business information and the relevant audience
* List as many methods as possible that Sainsbury’s use.
SAMPLE USING TESCO
Electronic Methods of Communication
Method Audience Requirement of the information
Email – a written form of communicating which is sent over a computer network Staff The store manager or managers in head office will use this method