1. Cardiovascular System
The cardiovascular system transports blood to almost all of the body's tissues
A hollow muscular organ that pumps the blood through the circulatory system by rhythmic contraction and dilation
3. Atrioventricular node
The atrioventricular node (AV node) is a part of the electrical control system of the heart that coordinates the top of the heart.
4. Bundle of his
1. The bundle of His is a collection of heart muscle cells specialized for electrical conduction that transmits the electrical impulses from the AV node
Relating to the heart.
A pocket or fold in the wall of the heart or a major blood vessel that fills and distends if the blood flows backward, so forming part of a valve.
1. The phase of the heartbeat when the heart muscle relaxes and allows the chambers to fill with blood.
1. The thin, smooth membrane that lines the inside of the chambers of the heart and forms the surface of the valves.
1. The muscular tissue of the heart.
10. Pulmonary Semilunar
a semilunar valve between the right ventricle and the pulmonary artery; prevents blood from flowing from the artery back into the heart
1. A partition separating two chambers, such as that between the nostrils or the chambers of the heart.
12. Sinoatrial node
1. A small body of specialized muscle tissue in the wall of the right atrium of the heart that acts as a pacemaker by producing a contractile signal at regular intervals.
1. Relating to or denoting an artery or vein that serves the neck and arm on the left or right side of the body.
1. The phase of the heartbeat when the heart muscle contracts and pumps blood from the chambers into the arteries.
A flap for controlling the passage of fluid through a pipe or duct, especially an automatic device allowing movement in one direction only.
16. Aortic Semilunar
The semilunar valve separating the aorta from the left ventricle that prevents blood from flowing