Convincing someone to quit smoking is a challenge even if we lay cards on the table and tell them of the negative effects it can cause their body. It is after all like a drug, once you pop you can’t stop.
Not only is smoking linked to cancer, lung problems and heart disease, it is the most preventable cause of morbidity and is responsible for the three million and more deaths every year around the world.
Studies show that smoking can also cause premature skin ageing, delayed wound healing, hair loss and is a cause of numerous dermatological disorders such as psoriasis.
If you need some motivation to stop smoking, add ageing of the skin to your list!
How Smoking Affects Our Skin
Smoking promotes skin ageing process and this means wrinkles, drooping of the skin and the appearance of lines. Along the way, smoking …show more content…
Plan to Quit NOW - not later, not tomorrow but NOW!
2. Think Positive - tell yourself you can do it and don’t be influenced by your surroundings.
3. Decide on Changing Your diet - eating meat will make cigarette taste better after eating but vegetables make cigarette taste terrible. Swap your meat meals to veggies! Same goes with your drinks, trade soft drinks, alcohol and tea to water and real juice instead.
4. Have a Plan - list down the time of day when you are craving for a cigarette and plan on distracting yourself with an activity that will help you change your mind on smoking. You may also opt to chew on some gum or snack on fruits and vegetables to keep your mouth busy.
5. Support Group - your support group could be your family, friends or an organization supporting the no smoking policy. Ask for help and know for sure that their support matters to you big time!
6. Carry a List of the Negative Effects of Smoking - this will remind you not to smoke ever again and you can probably look at your family’s picture to avoid the temptation to smoke. Make them your