11. Qin Shittuangdi- the first emperor of the Qin dynasty. He established a centralized imperial rule that effected all the empires after.
12. Great Wall- A wall created by the Ming Dynasty leaders to provide protection against foreign invaders/enemies.
13. Chinese script- an ancient writing system introduced by Qin Shittuangdi. It unified all of China with one way to communicate.
14. Conscription- law that required men to serve in the military or be drafted.
15. Liu Bang- restored china with the Han Dynasty and therefore unified China once again.
16. Chang’an- cosmopolitan city which served as a capital for Han emperors
17. Han Wudi- the “Martial emperor” controlled the Han Dynasty for 54 years. Built a bureaucracy for the Han Empire and relied on Legalist principles.
18. Vietnam- country that occupies the eastern and southern part of the Indochinese peninsula in SE Asia, with the South China Sea along its coast.
19. Korea- a country invaded by Han Wudi and put under the Han rule.
20. Xiongnu- nomadic peoples from the steppes of central Asia who spoke a Turkish language.
21. Bactria- the Xiongu controlled up to this point. Enabled the Xiongnu to control a vast area and increased the Xiongnu’s trade.
22. Tribute- a payment by one ruler or nation to another in…