1. Child abuse is more than bruises or broken bones. Not all child abuse is as obvious. Ignoring children’s needs, putting them in unsupervised, dangerous situations, or making a child feel worthless or stupid are also forms of child abuse. Regardless of the type of child abuse, the result is serious emotional harm.
2. Children are suffering from a hidden epidemic of child abuse and neglect. Every year 3.3 million reports of child abuse are made in the United States involving nearly 6 million children. The United States has the worst record in the industrialized nation – losing five children every day due to abuse-related deaths.
3. While abuse by strangers does happen, most abusers are family members or others close to the family.
4. The numbers of children who are abused and neglected each year are staggering. There are centers for Children, kids suffering from abuse, neglect, emotional crises and other traumatic experiences that will help with healing and HOPE in a safe and caring environment.
5. One of the future trends of crisis intervention is Pediatric psychology which is a multidisciplinary field of both scientific research and clinical practice which attempts to address the psychological aspects of illness, injury, and the promotion of health behaviors in children, adolescents, and families in a pediatric health setting.
6. There is also Crisis intervention strategies methods used to support an individual for short-term that have experienced a…