March 6, 2015
Children Exposed to
“God entrusted me in your care, please don‘t expose me to violence”.
Was the content of your video a personal crime, property crime, or policy issue?
• Exposing children to violence is a personal crime.
Children are our little blessing and often we forget that our choices affect their health.
• From the friends we choose, to the men we choose there's a lot of thought that has to be put into this because we never know where violence is hiding.
What causal factors were addressed in the video?
• How kids witness domestic violence and is scared for the rest of their lives. What policy implications or recommendations were provided in the video to address the crime?
• Children’s safety and wellbeing is highly dependent on the quality of their bond with their non-abusive parent
(most often the mother). Programmes to support mothers and children need to include a focus on supporting them to strengthen or re-establish their relationship, which may have been damaged by exposure to violence.
Reference: family violence clearinghouse
Were budgetary or financial issues discussed in the video? If so, elaborate. • There were no discussion of finances witnessed in this video. What future implications were discussed in the video?
• Always protect your children from violence, it can be the cause of violent nightmares, ptsd, depression and mood swings. • Be sure