Please answer the following questions – you do NOT have to write them – you can choose to video journal if you prefer.
You have until the first Thursday back of Term 2 to complete. IF you have missed several lessons, you will struggle to come up with decent answers. You can watch the series by accessing Click view – and then searching for ‘Go back to where you came from’ Series 2, Parts 1-3.
Please save your final work in my work to be marked folder by the beginning of Thursday lesson 1, Week 1, Term 2.
1. Which participant in the series do you identify with the most, in terms of values/opinions/beliefs?
2. In what ways do you relate to this person?
Her opinions towards the refugees
3. What one word would you use to describe the series?
4. What are your personal opinions on a. Asylum Seekers: They just want to live a better life like everyone else b. Refugees: Same opinion
5. Why do you think you have these beliefs and opinions, where have they come from?
Because I think they deserve a better life than what they’re been given. They can’t help it.
6. What is the difference between sympathy and empathy (in your own words – I don’t want a dictionary meaning..) * Sympathy: When you put yourself in someone else’s shoes and feel how they are feeling. * Empathy: When you listen but don’t quite fully understand.
7. The things that