John Hayles J00655937
Chapter 1(nothing assigned)
1) Pure/ simple unionism- had two major objectives. The primary objective was economic betterment of the organizations members. Gommpers believed the truth or essence, of labor unions should be measured in terms of their economic accomplishments
2) Closed shop-for an employee to obtain a job the employee must first become a member of a union prior to or upon employment and was made unlawful by lmra in 1947
3) Company union-provided another substitute for an employee controlled independent union
4) Dual unionism-is the development of a union or political organization parallel to and within an existing labor union. In some cases, the term may refer …show more content…
1. If labor laws discussed in this chapter were repealed and labor organizations made illegal, how might this affect the terms and conditions of employment for employees?
a. Labor laws