1. What are the four types of evidence in a criminal investigation?
1. Physical evidence
2. Documentary evidence
3. Demonstrative evidence
4. A testimony
2. What are individual characteristics? Give an example of an individual characteristic?
1. Finger prints are an example of individual characteristic because individual characteristic is evidence that can be traced back to an individual.
3. What is the difference between individual characteristics and class characteristics?
1. The difference between the two is that individual can lead to one person while class leads to a group of people.
4. What are physical and chemical properties? Give an example of each.
1. Physical property is referring to one substance without referring to another like the weight of an substance
2. Chemical properties is referring to the reaction of what substance to another for example like heroin and marquis
5. What do forensic scientists do to collect and preserve soil samples?
1. They collect the soil within in a 100 yards to mark the location and preserve it so that if dirt was to fall off of the object it would be saved.
Critical Thinking Questions
1. Why do you think forensic scientists are so careful that the tests they do are sensitive, reproducible, and specific? What might happen if they were less careful about this?
1. They have to be careful with their test or they will get incorrect results.
2. Which type of evidence do you think is most useful in an investigation? Why?
1. I think the most useful evidence in a crime scene is physical evidence because it can lead you to one person.
3. Why do you think that forensic scientists continue to…