An informed citizenry, equipped with awareness and an understanding of social, political, and economic issues and events happening in our world is an important component of thriving democracy and market economy.
Due Date: Every Friday (teacher’s discretion) 1:00pm:
● Your current event must be
SUBMITTED ON MR. Pongco’s Haiku MAINPAGE
● Your current event must follow the format provided below.
● Your summary, analysis, and opinion must be your own, NOT copied directly from the article. Exact quotes are acceptable but they must be cited as such, otherwise your current event constitutes plagiarism and therefore is classified as unscholarly behavior and will earn a ZERO.
● Using/uploading another student’s work as your own will earn a zero.
● Your article MUST be about Government or Government related terms, concepts, and examples that we have discussed in class.
● When using GOOGLE DOCS to complete this activity be sure to share your URL link to your assignment when submitting to blackboard.
Every Friday, 1015 students will be selected randomly to present your current event including your summary and explanation of importance.
Points Possible: Credit or no credit. If it is not fully completed with all of the following requirements, you do not get credit.
Current Event Components and Format:
(THERE WILL BE WEEKS WHERE I REQUIRE THESE COMPONENTS PLACED IN A POWERPOINT
PRESENTATION/ALTERNATIVE FORM OF PRESENTATION. No formal typed required when creating a
INCLUDE YOUR NAME, DATE, AND PERIOD ON THE HEADER OF YOUR PAGE!!!
Title of Article:
Date of Article:
MUST BE WITHIN THE LAST 7 DAYS!!!
Sources of Article: (ex: LA Times, CNN, BBC, Economist, OC Register, US News and World Report,
Newsweek, Time, NY Times, Wall Street Journal) 4. Web URL address to your article http://goo.gl/x1kKJ < USE A URL SHORTENER IF POSSIBLE
if not shortened...
Level of Article: (ex: international, national, state, local, individual, or combination)