CYP 3 Essay

Submitted By sheritaplin1991
Words: 476
Pages: 2

CYP 3.1 understand child and young person development.

3.4 Explain how different types of intervention can promote positive outcomes for children and young people where development is not following the expected pattern.

There are a lot of interventions that can promote a more positive outcome on a child/young person’s development:

Senco (special educational needs coordinator)
They are responsible for helping and advising other teachers on the best interventions for the particular child involved. They can also be involved in training other teachers and providing support. Maintaining records of children with SEN (special educational needs) and keeping in touch with parents of that child/young person. They work with outside agencies including an educational psychologist and social services, conducting liaisons between any agencies and the child involved. Senco’s also ensure that the individual educational plans are set in place.

Youth justice
Overseas the youth justice system in England and Wales. Youth justice works to prevent offending and reoffending by children and young people under the age of 18 years old. They ensure that custody for that child is safe, secure and addresses the causes of their offending behaviour.

Salt (speech and language therapy)
Their role in bringing a positive outcome on a child/ young person’s development could be treating a person with a language and communication problems that will enable the person to communicate to the best of their ability.
This may include:
• Speech skills - using voice and pronouncing words correctly.
• Interaction skills - using language in conversation i.e. asking questions.
• Pragmatics - using and understanding language in social skills.
• Intonation - changing the pitch of voice.
• Comprehension or receptive skills - i.e. sign language or Makaton.

This service offers advice and guidance for young people age 13-19 years of age. Support is given on topics such as relationships, health, drugs and alcohol, education, housing and finance. The service also offers support with career advice,