Glossary of terms
• Learner 1 Profile
• Learner 2 Profile
• What the learning theories tell you about different ways to help learners learn most effectively
• How different types of assessment help in supporting and monitoring learning and helping learners to make progress
• How applying learning and assessment theories might help you to develop and extend your current approaches to enabling and assessing learning
• Scheme of Work
• Session Plan
• What you have taken into account when selecting the subject content and learning outcomes.
• How you are supporting/challenging different learners (differentiation).
• How you are embedding language, literacy, numeracy …show more content…
She has aspirations now to ensure that the learners she takes under her wing fulfill their own potential in the hair and beauty industry.
Preferred way of learning
Beth is a kinesthetic learner which was highlighted in the initial interview and the Honey and Mumford questionnaire. She has good language, literacy and numeracy skills and this was shown within the written work she produced and interviews with myself. Beth has grown up in a computerised era so her ICT skills are at a very good level and she is trying out new ways to bring her line of work into a more ICT friendly environment.
In order to achieve the final learning outcome it is important to use a combination of teaching methods and to make the classroom environment as stimulating and interactive as possible. Students learn in many different ways. Some students are visual learners, while others are auditory or kinaesthetic learners. Visual learners learn visually by means of charts, graphs, and pictures. Auditory learners learn by listening to lectures and reading. Kinaesthetic learners learn by doing, students can have mixed learning styles. It is important for teachers to incorporate in their curriculum activities related to each of these learning styles so that all students are