Growth and development is a change in a child. Growth is means when a child gets bigger in size, height, weight, and other measurable areas. Development means that when the children’s are improving their skills. There are about 4 different types of these developments.
1. Physical development= this development is when the body is increasing in skills and also when the change happens in between birth and adolescent, so like when they develop their body from one pint to another. This also includes=
Gross motor skill= this part of the physical development is when the children are using their large muscles. For an example= when the children are using their legs and arms etc.
Fine motor skills= this part of the physical development is when the children are using their small muscles. For an example- when the children are using their hands, fingers etc.
2. Social and emotional development= this development is part of the children’s Identity and self image and also it is a when a child tryst to make friends, it is also about what the children are thinking about themselves and also when the children learn new skills. It is also when the children socialise with everyone.
3. Intellectual development= intellectual development is when the children develop their skills of understanding, memory and concentration and learning subjects etc. It is also when the young adults organise their minds to make sense of the world they live in.
4. Communication development= this is when the children learn how to communicate with people and other children. This development is also a skill that the children develop that allows them to tell people what they think and feel etc.
However all of the areas of the development listed above are linked together, so the physical development is linked to the social and emotional, the social and emotional is linked to the intellectual and the intellectual is linked to the communication development. They are all linked together because if the child could not do one thing then they would not be able to do the other thing. For an example- if the child could not communicate they would not be able to make friends so that is why it has to be lined together.
Principles of the development and growth- development principles starts from the head and then works down to the body. This development happens when the baby cannot hold their head up but after a few weeks they will be able to hold it up properly this is because the spine controls the head. Similarly the child will not be able to wave their hand at the beging but after a few months the children will be able to do it.
The sequence and the rate of the development= sequence of development s the order of the development and the rate of development is the speed of the development. The sequences of development is like when we are programmed to learn then to speak then to walk and then develop in to adults, all of this is done in order because you need to do one thing before they can do the other. Also the rate of the development is when the people develop in different rates than others, so when they develop some develop fast and some develop slowly but they develop the
Some of the stages of development are separated in 5 stages and they are:
1. Infancy- from birth to one yrs old
2. Early years- from one to three yrs old
3. Childhood- from 4-7yrs old
4. Puberty- from 8-12yrs old
5. Adolescence- from 13-16 yrs old
1. Infancy= at infancy which is from birth to one yr babies should be able to firstly able to see faces as fuzzy shape, then be able to grasp an object that touches the palm, then they will be able to turn their head to look for the nipple and then they will be able suck and swallow etc.
2. Early years= at early years which is from 1-3yrs old the children will be able to firstly crawl then walk with support, then the children will be able to sit up alone and feed themselves etc.
3. Childhood= at childhood which is from 4-7yrs