Paper Due on Monday Week 5
Assignment- Dining Experience Evaluation-
Fill out the business evaluation form and write a 1-page food sensory evaluation paper.
The paper must be 1-page of written text, 12 point, New Times Roman Font, double spaced.
Sensory Evaluation Topics to Consider:
Appearance (Color, Contrast, Height, Shapes)
Texture (Contrast, Variety)
Size (Portion Size, Tasting Plates)
Taste (Sweet, Sour, Salty, Bitter, Umami, Complimentary, Contrasts)
Aroma & Flavor (Desirable, New, Familiar)
Cuisine (Fusion, Authentic)
Business Evaluation Form
Restaurant Name: Joes American Bar and Grill Address: Pheasant Lane Mall
Day & Date of Visit: Wednesday October 22, 2014 Time of Visit: 545pm
Name or Description of Host/Hostess Sandra
Name or Description of Server: Jessica
1. Was the restaurant’s outside appearance attractive –
Did the restaurant have curb appeal?
2. Did the outside appear to be clean – clear sidewalks, clean windows and doors, etc.?
3. Was the restaurant clean and attractive inside?
4. Was the host/hostess area attractive and spacious?
5. How did you feel about the overall appearance of the restaurant? Comments:
1. Were you promptly greeted by the host/hostess?
2. Was the greeting friendly & professional?
3. Were you seated promptly?
4. If not immediately seated, was the host/hostess
a. on the phone_____
b. talking with staff_____
c. on the computer_____
d. helping another customer_____
e. no one present______
If the host was occupied, did the host/hostess let you know that he/she would be right
With you? _____Yes_____No
5. Was the server knowledgeable about the menu selection?
6. Did the server suggest a beverage or appetizer?
7. Was the server’s appearance appropriate to the nature of the restaurant?
8. Was the greeter’s appearance appropriate to the nature of the restaurant?
9. Did the food arrive in a timely fashion?
10. Did the server check back with you during the course of your meal?
11. Were the plates cleared at the end of your meal?
12. Was the bill settled in a timely fashion?
13. What was your overall experience with the customer service? Comments: