* Unilever is a multinational conglomerate that makes personal care and cleaning products.
* Their mission is “to create a better future every day, with brands and services that help people feel good, look good, and get more out of life”. * Although Unilever wasn't formed until 1930, the companies that
joined forces to create the business we know today were already well established before the start of the 20th century.
* Unilever’s new strategy, The Compass, aims to double the size of the business while reducing their environmental impact.
* Dove’s vision- widen and redefine the perception of beauty, to make a positive contribution to women’s self-esteem all over the world.
Dove Beauty Bar
*Contains ¼ pure moisturizing cream and mild cleansers that leave skin clean, soft and smooth.
*Each product is not meant to be used for an extended period of time, so the product life cycle is relatively short. *Most Beauty Bars are finished within just a few weeks to a few months and the bars are approximately 4 oz.
* Can be found in many convenience stores around the
world (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, and Target) and online
Competitio n *Indirect competitors: Axe, Suave, Caress, Simple,
*Direct competitors: Neutrogena (Johnson’s & Johnson’s),
Olay (Procter & Gamble), and the primary competitor,
://www.ispot.tv/ad/7V1f/dove-dove-versus-ordinary-soap-wit h-therese-andmolly Brand Extension/Line
than 400 brand names worldwide.
*Unilever has more
Some popular brands include Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Qtips, Suave, Degree and Simple.
*1st extension success was the Dove moisturizing body wash, this was followed by deodorants, shampoos, moisturizers and lotions.
*Dove also entered the male market with Dove
Men + Care.
*I believe that the brand is appropriately meeting the needs of the various markets.
*Dove beauty bar: $3(4 oz)- $15(6 bars).
*Deep moisture body wash: $6 (12 oz)- $9 (24 oz).
*Invisible solids, fresh deodorant: $3 (2.6) oz).
*Daily Moisture Shampoo/Conditioner: $4 (12 oz).
*Shea butter body lotion: $6 (13.5 oz).
*Prices range from store to store.
*Compared to other brand’s personal care
products, Dove’s products cost a little more.
*Although Dove may be considered pricier than its competitors, Dove has remained committed to conveying its high quality and level of care for their consumers.
Brand strategy Packaging
*Dove’s packaging can be described as organic, natural, elegant, and feminine.
*Dove bar soap is packaged inside a small box bad out of cardboard. *Dove packaging for shampoos/conditioners, moisturizers, body wash are made out of plastic.
*Doves mission: To make women feel more beautiful everyday by widening today’s stereotypical view of beauty. *Dove spread awareness and promotes their products via twitter, facebook, youtube, Television, Radio, and magazines. Marketing
I -Positive social messaging.
N -Social responsibility- Dove
T established self esteem fund,
E which conducted self esteem
R workshops along with girl
N scouts to improve the self
A esteem of girls.
L -recognized as the world’s top consumer brand.
- Low awareness in the Men +
-Use of idealized images in other brands under