Essay on down syndrome

Submitted By bbeltran2420
Words: 621
Pages: 3

How people with Down Syndrome see the world differently
There are many people in the world today with Down syndrome. Approximately 2% of the worlds population has Down Syndrome, and 1:660 newborns have Down Syndrome. Many people in the world thing there is something wrong with them, while others think that they are just a problem or hassle for their families others. I’m here to tell you that those people are 100% wrong! Having someone in your family or knowing someone that is Down Syndrome is not only an opportunity but a blessing to those who know them and I personally feel sorry for those who cannot see that. I have lived with my uncle who has Down Syndrome for the past 12 years of my life, and he has been one of the biggest blessing, encouragement, and brightest light to me in my life. I love my uncle like crazy and I know for sure that he knows that. One of those best things about those with Down Syndrome is for the fact that they are honestly just content with their life no matter what is going on. We worry so many times about where the money is going to come from, how are we are going to pay our bills, or what are we going to do if this certain situation happens. My uncle always has a big grin on his face, and it always can get me to smile to. Many people with Down Syndrome have a mindset of just a child normally from ages of 5 to 12. I’ve done research and looked up things about people with Down Syndrome, but one of the best ways to learn about something or someone is to watch them. I personally know three people with Down Syndrome and have been observing them and their reactions to certain things. The first one is a little girl named Kara, which is approximately 3 years old. I have known her since she was just a baby and have watched her grow up. She is very energetic and sometimes just a little crazy. She is always happy about 90% of the time and the other 10% she is either hungry or tired. She loves her family, messing around with people or playing games like Hide and Seek. The second person is a young girl named Skyler. She is 22, she loves to…