1. Stop focusing on PC’s and target the newer and more frequently used technology such as Smartphone’s and tablets. EBay should make it easier and more accessible for customers to shop online anywhere at anytime. EBay can partner with software companies to develop an application for the Smartphone’s, which can help the customers by: i) Providing recommendations based on customer’s shopping history ii) Giving tailored coupons and other discounts to encourage customers to shop iii) Helping customers find perfect gift for someone. Categories can be created by age and relationship, and will show common interests for each group so that you have an easier time figuring out what to buy. iv) When shopping, scan the barcode of the item you’re interested in purchasing, and you get the price being offered by EBay and other competitors so as to get the best price 2. “Word of mouth” has proven to be one of the best marketing strategies in the past and still continue to influence millions of people. Collaborating with big social networks such as Facebook and Twitter and other more frequently visited sites would be a good move for EBay. Social networking goes hand in hand with Smartphone’s; they allow people to stay connected anytime, anywhere without having to use a computer. Among the many uses for social networks, users find product recommendations, look for discounts and get gift ideas from the friends and family. The Biggest benefit of using social networks is that users can keep a track of what their friends are buying, which is a major concern and influences buying decisions of many shoppers. Businesses who stay active on social networking and have a steadily growing follower base can reap the benefits of their continued social efforts 3. EBay can make shopping much easier and safer for customers by recommending a few “certified” sellers, based on customers’ past transaction and experience with the seller. For example, EBay may list sellers with responsive customer service and convenient policy of return products for consumers who prefer to change and return their products frequently. This would further add a personal touch to the customers’ shopping experience. EBay can also offer other quality services such as better shipping, more refined and focused listings, safe and express checkout, etc. to further add value to customers’ experience. 4. Partnering with local
Hsin-Ying Chou (1437704)
Pinpinat Kultarapanupong (1492506),
Ioana Teodorescu (1175911)
Birmingham Business School
Cases in Global Business Assignment 2
12th of January 2015
Module leader: Dr Nicholas Vasilakos
Amazon: Innovation and its implications for strategic short-term and long-term decisions
The process of innovation involves making changes on a big or small scale to a product or process. Innovation is linked to adding value to the customer’s…
This essay described the economic, political/legal, cultural and trade environment of e-commerce in the world and their impact on Amazon’s international marketing mix. Although the overall environment is favorable to the development of Amazon, Amazon needs to continue to adapt to changes in the environment and adjust marketing strategy. And then it will have a long-term development.
The impact of economic environment on Amazon’s international marketing mix
Regional development is uneven…
Johnson 2000). Therefore, organisations of that kind need to
overcome these difficulties using effective business models. Amazon.com was the first
organisation that changed the book selling industry by providing book retailing online
(Munk 1999). Today, Amazon offers additional services and goods such as movies, music
disks, computers, and clothing (Amazon.com 2011). Economist (2000) argued that
Amazon.com is connected to e-commerce concept as it was the first firm that begun the
whole industry. For that…
Online vs. Brick-and-Mortar Shopping
The Internet has changed the way we do virtually everything, including the way we shop. However, shopping is not the only thing that has changed. In the last decade we have changed the way, we apply for loans, study, and even plan a vacation. Doing any of these things would have been impossible a few decades ago. At present, online banking, paying bills, ordering new services, and shopping online have become part of our daily lives. Traditional brick-and-mortar…
Apple and Microsoft
John R. Fleming
Dr. Abbas Imam
November 1, 2013
Apple vs. Microsoft Corporate Culture
In the world of computers these two companies slug it out daily over their market share of the business world(Blodget, 2012, p. 1). While the arguments remain over which system is the best and can lead to very interesting discussions if this question is asked("Reasons Why Facebook Stock Price Could Crash After Earnings Report…
Competitive advantage: regulation and patents, access to critical suppliers or channels or complementors, organizational capabilities (Lego), strategic fit or consonance (Mercadona: training, generous pay, no layoff policy), scale vs. market size, geographic preemption, build willingness to pay through R&D, advertising or brand image, switching cost, network effects Linear Technology: 1. rivalry low: very differentiated 2. Buyers: chips are small share of costs, each buyer is small…
financing options are limited) b. Hobby Businesses: part time & doesn’t replace a job (income) not fully committed (income is supplement) 2. Wealth-Building Entrepreneurs (Real Estate): not getting paid; building assets within business (wealth vs. income) initial equity is a challenge (Trump, casinos, chain restaurants, office buildings) Sweat Equity: Plow CF back into business in order to build value or create more capacity Debt/Collateral 3. Innovating Entrepreneurs (Silicon Valley) create…
monthly rentals from a great variety of film offerings. Now they want to leverage their strengths to enter into the Video on Demand market |
Table of Contents
1. Netflix Strategic Analysis
2. Netflix vs. Blockbuster: Comparative assessment of strategic differences
3. Netflix Competitive Advantage
3.1 Home video industry - Positioning Perspective
3.2 VRIO Perspective
4. Video On Demand (VOD) – Strategic Advantage
1. Netflix Strategic…
marketing, process in which businesses sell to customers.
-B2B: business to business marketing, process of selling merchandise or services from one business to another.
-C2C: customer to customer marketing, customers sell to other customers. Ex. Ebay.
-Stakeholders: partners in the supply chain, employees, and society at large.
-Employment marketing: undertaking marketing research to understand what potential employees are seeking; as well as what they think about the firm.