CSULB COLLEGE ASSISTANCE MIGRANT PROGRAM (CAMP) ($400 stipend plus one-on-one counseling and fieldtrips)
1. Seniors who have applied to CSULB and have had someone in their immediate family who has worked a minimum of 75 days during the past two years in migrant or seasonal farm work.
2. Go to http://www.csulb.edu/divisions/students/camp/ to apply.
3. DEADLINE FOR CSULB APPLICATION: November 30, 2013
SOROPTIMIST VIOLET RICHARDSON AWARD ($1,000-$2,500)
1. Young women, currently between the ages of 14-17, who volunteer in the community and are committed to making the world a better place. Volunteer experiences that benefit women or girls are especially valued.
2. DEADLINE: December 1, 2013
HISPANIC SCHOLARSHIP FUND
4. Hispanic Seniors who are U.S. Citizens or legal residents, have at least a 3.0 GPA,
5. Go to http://www.hsf.net/en/scholarships/programs/graduating-high-school-seniors/for more details and to apply.
6. DEADLINE: Vary depending on which scholarship you apply for.
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES U.S. SCHOLARSHIP ($1,000-$5,000)
7. Seniors who are U.S. Citizens or legal residents and will be attending a two-year or four-year college or university or a technical school in Fall 2013.
8. Go to http://rmhc.org/what-we-do/rmhc-u-s-scholarships/ for more information and to apply.
9. DEADLINE: January 1, 2014
RON BROWN SCHOLARS PROGRAM ($40,000 plus an all-expenses paid trip to Washington, D.C.)
10. Aftrican-American Seniors who are U.S. Citizens or permanent residents who excel academically, exhibit exceptional leadership potential, participate in community service activities, and demonstrate financial need.
11. Go to http://www.ronbrown.org/Apply/ApplicationDownload.aspx to download an application
12. DEADLINE: November, 1, 2013
BURGER KING SCHOLARS PROGRAM ($1,000-$50,000)
13. Seniors who have at least a 2.5 GPA who plan to enroll at a two-year college, a four university, or a vocational-technical school in Fall 2014. Additional money is available if either you or a parent or guardian has worked at Burger King for at least six months. In that case, only a 2.0 GPA is needed for the Scholars Program.
14. Go to https://www.scholarshipamerica.org/burgerkingscholars/ to apply.
15. DEADLINE: January 1, 2014
GE-REAGAN FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP ($10,000 per year)
16. Seniors going to four-year college or university who are U.S. citizens, have at least a 3.0 GPA, have financial need, and have demonstrated leadership, drive, and citizenship within the community.
17. Go to http://www.reaganfoundation.org/scholars-program.aspx to apply.
18. DEADLINE: January 1, 2014
ASIAN AND PACIFIC ISLANDER AMERICAN SCHOLARSHIP FUND (APAISF) ($2,500-$5,000)
19. Pacific Islander or Asian Seniors who are U.S. Citizens or legal permanent residents and have at least a 2.7 GPA.
20. Must apply for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15
21. Go to http://apiasf.org/scholarship_apiasf.html to apply.
22. DEADLINE: January 1, 2014
ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY’S DIGITAL ARTS, FILM, AND ANIMATION COMPETITION ($250 plus an all-expenses paid trip for two to Rochester, New York)
23. Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors who are deaf or hard-of-hearing and express themselves through graphic media, web design, 3-D animation, film, interactive media, or photo imaging.
24. Go to http://www.ntid.rit.edu/prospective/daac/ for more information.
25. DEADLINE: March 17, 2014
WASHINGTON CROSSING FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP ($500-$5,000 plus all-expenses paid trip to Pennsylvania)
26. Seniors who are U.S. Citizens and want to pursue a career in local, state, or federal government service.
27. Write a 300-word one-page essay stating why you want a career in government service including any inspiration derived from the leadership of George