Definition of Communication
Communication is an exchange of feelings, ideas and information, whether by speaking, writing, signals or behaviors. When a person sends or receives information, ideas and feelings with others, they are not only using spoken or written communication but also nonverbal communication.
Effective communication skills are necessary for smooth relations with other people. They can be your family, friends, colleagues or even strangers. Communication is engaging in an exchange with another person. Knowing how to communicate effectively will help you get across what you mean more efficiently and can also minimize friction and misunderstandings.
Definition of Communication …show more content…
• Organizations are becoming more dependant on horizontal communication channels. With increased complexity, information needs to flow quickly between specialists rather than go up and back down the hierarchy, with its inevitable delay and message distortion.
Communication is also the medium through an organization accomplishes its goals:-
• It leads to greater effectiveness
• It keeps people in the picture.
• It gets people involved with the organization and increases motivation to perform well and increases commitment to the organization.
• It makes for better relationships and understanding between boss and sub-ordinates, colleagues and people within the organization and outside it.
• It helps people understand the need for change, how they should manage it, how to reduce resistance to change.
So when we look at the changes that are taking place in organizations today, it is clear that managers, to be effective, require communication performance at high levels of excellence.
Barriers To Effective Communication
In any communication at least some of the "meaning" lost in simple transmission of a message from the sender to the receiver. In many situations a lot of the true message is lost and the message that is heard is often far