HSM 315 Emergency Planning
Instructor Donald Walker
November 2, 2012
Emergency Operation Plan
400 North Bluff Blvd
Clinton, IA 52732
After office hours, please call
Clinton Police Department 563.243.1458
Director of Student Success 563.242.4023 ext. 7382
Manager of Campus Security 563.242.4023 ext. 7868
Associate Director of Student Services 563.242.4023 ext. 7789
Disasters, whether natural or manmade, can happen anytime and anywhere, without warning. An earthquake, hurricane, tornado, fire, or hazardous material spill or even an act of terrorism can happen …show more content…
5. What does it mean when a siren is activated? The sirens sound when it is not safe to be outside. When you hear the siren go off, go inside, take shelter, and if possible, turn on a radio or TV for more information.
6. Why can’t I hear the siren in my house? Sirens are designed to be outdoor warning systems. Many individuals can hear sirens in their homes, but that is not their intended purpose. Sirens are only one part of the warning systems used to alert citizens. Weather radios, which are better suited to indoor warning, are also part of the warning systems used to alert citizens. Most new weather radios have the capability to alert citizens inside their homes about dangerous situations through an alarm function.
7. When are the sirens tested? The outdoor warning sirens are tested on the 1st Tuesday of every month at 10 am.
8. The majority of the time, the sirens within Clinton County will be active for two reasons, Tornado Warnings & Severe Thunderstorm Warnings with warned winds of 70 mph or greater.
9. If the sirens are sounding take shelter and if possible turn on a weather