• Self – awareness-The ability to understand our emotions and their impact on us and others.
• Social – awareness- the ability to empathize and understand the emotions of others.
• Self- management – the ability to think before acting and control disruptive impulses.
• Relationship management – The ability to establish rapport with others to build good relationships.
Types of Emotions
Self- Conscious Emotions – Arise from internal sources such as:
Social Emotions – Derive from external sources such as:
• Jealousy Moods – are generalized positive or negative feelings or states of mind. Emotions and mood Contagion – the spillover of one’s emotions and mood onto others.
Emotional Labor - A situation where a person displays organizationally desired emotions in a job such as:
• Cheerful Emotional dissonance – Inconsistency between emotions we feel and those we try to project such as:
• Deep Acting – Occurs when someone tries to modify their feelings to better fit the situation. Such as putting yourself in the same position of a traveler how lost his luggage.
• Surface Acting – Is the case of hiding true feelings while displaying very different ones such as smiling…