1. How many distinct stages does an infant pass through between birth and 18 months? At which stage does the child / should the child start using consonants and vowels?
A: They pass through 5 distinct stages. The child should start using consonants and vowels between 20-25 weeks.
2. What do we call the type of speech is when toddlers (by the age of 2) start using 2 words together?
A: Telegraphic speech
3. At what age can children usually start to learn a second language?
A: At age 4
4. Between what ages would a TESOL teacher teach activities to “Build motor skills”?
A: Between ages 5 and 6.
5. Because children at the age of 6 enjoy …show more content…
6. Why should “Pair work” games be used often in TESOL teaching?
A: Working in pairs gives students the greatest opportunity to practice their speaking as they can speak 50% of the class when working in a pair. It is also helpful for students who are not as confident when working alone to have a partner to help them.
7. What is the advantage of using “Team games” in the TESOL classroom?
A: Some students are very shy and do not want to participate in games. When you have students in teams they are more inclined to join in a game and will learn more from their teammates. There is also more chance for learners to explore more complex vocabulary. Groups give students a greater chance for self correction and peer correction.
8. Why must team games be carefully monitored?
A: When your students are working in groups, you should carefully monitor them to ensure everyone's opinion is being considered
9. Create or adapt a „Team game‟ for Upper beginner students, list all resources and age/level of your students.
My game is for students aged 9-10, upper beginner level. It is a board game to review vocabulary. Students work in groups of four.
Resources: A board printed out for each group, a set of dice and four playing pieces.
The board has 28 spots each with a different picture and the name of that picture at the bottom. Students should each write down 7