Essay for Geography There are more and more people like travelling with the years go by in 21st century. As everyone knows, the bigger development of tourism, the more problems will show up. For example, the movie named Broke down Palace which the students watched after the Christmas break. Therefore, it is important to know about all aspects of travel for anyone travelling in the 21st century, such as the environment, economic, different culture, safety. The first thing that the tourists need to think about is the safety of the destination. That everyone decide to take a trip during the holiday is because the want to relax and relieve the fatigue caused by work or study. Therefore, they do not want to have some risk during their trip. And then the safety becomes the first things to be considered, as they do not want to get injured or die by accident. During the class, the student did a research about Travel Reports and Warnings. They went to the site, a website about advice to go the region for trip suggested by the Canadian government. And it shows the country we can go or not because of the safety and the reason. Some country have the serious violence and protests, such as China; Some are advised that the tourists should avoid all of the trip in those countries due to unstable security situation, ongoing insurgency, terrorist attacks, the risk of kidnapping and a high crime rate, Such as Afghanistan; The others are safe, and the visitors only need exercise the normal security precautions, such as France. Therefore
Music and Geography are Intertwined as One
Kimberly St. Cin
Music is an important and extremely useful tool in the way we learn and to deny its
power is to waste a truly wonderful resource. Music has had an important impact on society
for as long as people have made music. Though some would look at music as a small footnote
in the progression of humanity, it is in fact a much greater force; for some, it defines their very
existence. Music is a driving…
: eradicating extreme poverty and hunger. Having access to water is good, however it must be clean water aswell. Also, if it is children who are sent to retrieve water from wells, then they are out of school and cannot receive an education. The geography of a country affects the transport and access of resources. If a country suffers a drought,…
“The Pursuit of a Moral and Justifiable Reality”
While a certain written or verbal discourse can persuade a reader to form an emotional response in the favor of the discourser, the viewer or reader might want to look deeper into the subtext. One must take into account much more than is written on a page or spoken into a microphone. Looking at controversial situations from multiple angles and perspectives can lead one to gain a further understanding of…
Explain the human and biophysical factors which place at least two ecosystems at risk
Ecosystems are often depicted as the interactions between flora and fauna through physical processes and chemical means. All ecosystems are somewhat vulnerable however they all differ based on their level of vulnerability and adaptation to change which is typically caused by biophysical factors and human impacts. Cronulla sand dunes and the Amazon rainforest are two varying ecosystems which are affected by the…
5) Perths weather from the 6th-12 was quite warm with the highest being a 37.3 degree day on the 8th. From the 8th onwards it continued to be quite hot in the mid thirties before cooling back down on the 12th to 24 degrees. The minimum temperature for the second week of April was 15.9 degrees on the 9th. Generally, the temperatures stayed around the high 10's but hit the 20's on the 11th and 12th. Other that entire week there was no rain except on the Thursday and Friday where there was 0.2mm and…
Coastal Weathering and Erosion
Weathering is the breakdown of rocks where they are.
Erosion is when the rocks are broken down and carried away by something e.g. seawater.
Mechanical weathering: breakdown of rock without changing its chemical composition. There’s one main type affecting coasts = freeze-thaw weathering.
Happens when temperature alternates above and below 0 degrees (freezing point of water)
Water goes into rock that has cracks e.g. granite
When the water freezes it expands, putting…
Chapter 17: The Physical Geography of North Africa, Southwest Asia, and Central Asia
1. The Zagros Mountains are located on the western side of Iran. The Atlas Mountains are located on the northwest die of Algeria.
2. The country that is dominated by areas of elevations of more than 5,000 feet is Tajikistan.
Section 1 Assessment
1. Alluvial soil: rich soil made up of sand and mud deposited by moving water
Wadis: streambeds that remain dry until a heavy rain
GEO2000, World Geography
22 October 2007
TEST Essay Questions
3.) In the second half of the nineteenth century, representatives of European governments and rulers arrived to create or expand African spheres of influence for their patrons. The European colonial powers shared one objective in their African colonies: exploitation. Some colonial powers were themselves democracies (the United Kingdom and France) while others were dictatorships (Portugal and Spain).…
Geography in the news
1. There are people in Pakistan that are accusing Mr. President Obama of ‘helping’ Bin Laden.
2. An American envoy traveled to Pakistan on Monday.
3. Officials have stopped accusing the Pakistan government of hiding Bin Laden after the September 11th attack on the twin towers.
4. People are suspicious of the Pakistani intelligence people that Americans knew they had known about Bin Laden’s activities.
5. American Officials are frustrated with…
Geography & Maps Review Sheet
Geography is the study of the earth’s surface and the forces (both natural and human) that shape it.
Types of Geography:
Cultural- The study of countries’ cultures (religion, languages, food…)
Economic- The study of locations, distribution and spatial organization of economic activities around the world. (Location of industries, retail, the changing value of real estate.)
Physical- Surface of the earth topics, such as glaciers, mountains,oceans,climate…