8. a. 28800/263 = 109 units per day (actual output)
b. Efficiency = Actual output/Standard output. The standard output is not given therefore we cannot find the Efficiency.
c. 38+34+35+32+30+34+22+18+20= 263 seconds
1. The process used here is assembly line.
2. Order Acceptance – NC Machine Programming – Board Fabrication - Load Board .33 min Operation 1.66min – Clean .50 Operation 1.66min – Coat .50 Operation 1.66min – Unload .33 Operation 1.66 min – Expose 1.72 – Load .33 Operation 1.82 min – Develop .33 Operation 1.82min – Inspect .50 Operation 1.82 min – Bake .33 Operation 1.82min – Unload .33 Operation 1.82min – Drilling 1.5 – Copper Plate .20 – Final Test 2.69min –Shipping.
3. Assembly capacity = 60 board per hour x 7.5 hour shift = 450 Board capacity = 47 boards per hour x 7.5 hour shift = 352
According to this capacity of both calculations they do not equal one another. Therefore, they are not balanced
4. The impact of the losses is substantial in my opinion. Having to produce 25% more than needed is absurd. Not only does this waste money, time and resources but it one of the main causes of the failure to meet capacity or job quantities. Having to throw out 25% of what you did that day is costly.
5. Short term I think I would try and add some more drills employees and drills. This is the longest part of the process. If there were more machines and people it would allow the front end process to produce more boards.