Work File Review for 2.4 Food Labels Quiz
Directions: Carefully consider each question below to prepare for the 2.4 Food Labels Quiz.
1. What must be included on the food label? the product name Ingredients list (in descending order of weight)
Shelf-life (use-by or best-before date)
Name and address of either the manufacturer, packer or EC seller
Country of origin
Instructions for use
2. What impact does standardized serving sizes on food labels have on consumers? Provided in familiar units, such as cups or pieces, followed by the metric amount, e.g., the number of grams.
Use the following site to answer questions 3-9.
Site 2: How to Understand and Use the Nutrition Facts Label: http://www.fda.gov/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabeling/LabelingNutrition/ucm274593.htm 3. Use “The Nutrition Facts Label - An Overview” section to answer this question. The first place you need to look on the Nutrition Facts label is the serving size. Why is this important?
The size of the serving on the food package influences the number of calories and all the nutrient amounts listed on the top part of the label
4. Using the food label, how large is one serving and how many calories are in one serving?
5. Using the food label, one serving provides what percentage of recommended carbohydrate intake?
6. Read the information labeled “Limit These Nutrients.” Why is it important to limit Trans fats and Saturated…