Think about the quote: “How you think about leadership will strongly influence how you practice leadership.” Peter Northouse
Leadership will help people to develop the ability to work as a team or group to achieve the common goals. It helps people to cultivate the good qualities to become a excellent leader.
What is Kolb’s experiential learning cycle?
What are the three questions to ask as you go through an experience?
What do the five different points on the cycle graph mean?
How does the IBM Think video reflect the concepts of the process definition of leadership we are using in this course?
Human skill is that being respectful and friendly to others. Conceptual skill is that …show more content…
What does the Leadership Trait Questionnaire tell you about your leadership attributes?
What are the strengths of the trait approach?
1. Intuitively appealing直观动人
2. have a centry of research to back it up 有背景资料
3. more conceptual in nature, the way the trait approach highlights the leader component in the leadership process.
4. Trait approach gives us some benchmarks基准 for what we need to look for if we want to be leader.
What are the criticisms of the trait approach?
1. First and for most is the failure of the trait app to delimit a definitive list of leadership traits. 品质有很多，限定不正确。
2. Trait approach has failed to take situations into account. 环境决定领袖，不同情况胜任的人是不同的。
3. This approach has resulted in highly subjective determinations of the most important leadership traits. 主观认知
4. It is not a useful approach for training and development for leadership.
How is the trait approach applicable to real world settings?
Values and Leadership
Define values and core value.
Values-concepts, principles, or standards that drive one’s decision and actions.
Core value-standards or principles that guide our actions, beliefs and decisions. Or those values that defines our character and remain relatively stable across contexts.
What are Kraemer’s four principles of values-based leadership (from his video)? What do they mean? How do these four principles connect to other